From Heaven to Hell. Rafidah, Shahrizat & Jean Abdullah meet their Creator,GOD on Judgement Day. GOD says 'I understand all of you are from Malaysia, which to the Bumis, is also known as 'heaven-on-earth'. Here too you all shall be treated according to status. You shall meet the who's who of the Malaysian cream of the crop. You can see two giant gates over there. On one is stated Bumi & the other Non-Bumi. Just go to the respective gates & mention your name. BUT remember, should your claim turns out to be false, you shall be condemned to the tortures of hell for all eternity and lose any chance of redemption whatsoever.'
Jean goes over first. She stands outside the Bumi gate and mentions her name. The digital display flashes 'DLL' (dan lain lain = Portuguese Tart) and a ear- piercing alarm rings out. The gate opens to reveal a chamber of raging fire of intense heat. 'Welcome to hell' booms a burly turbaned Sikh as he pulls her in. His name tag reads as Irwan Shah Abdullah@DJ Dave@Sukhdave Singh.
Rafidah & Shahrizat are caught by surprise but smile at each other knowingly. Next goes Shahrizat. She too stands outside the Bumi gate & mentions her name. The digital display screen flashes 'MAMAK' and another ear-piercing alarm triggers. The gate opens to reveal an icy cold chamber way below freezing point.This gate is specially named "The Cowgate" 'Welcome home, I'm Mamoothy', says a sarcastic voice who's name tag reads as Mahathir s/o Mohd Kutty.
Rafidah who is very sure of qualifying, walks over haughtily to the gate which she feels is her birth-right. Just as she mentions her name, the digital display flashes 'INDIAN' .There is a thunderous flash and the gate opens to reveal a pot-bellied figure with a trident in hand & nothing else on except a wig. A familiar voice rings out 'Selamat datang Paduka, Kemaluan saya amat besar, tetapi walaubagaimana pun .......'.He can't go on as he is salivating and panting heavily. She is too shocked for words and turns around in time to hear GOD say just before the gate closes forever 'Your particulars in our record shows your middle name to be AP instead of binti .....' (Rafidah 'AP'Aziz)
Labels: For laugh 0 comments
I thought the above may only happen in Malaysia. The Washington, D.C. Office of Human Rights confirmed that it is investigating allegations that Catholic University violated the human rights of Muslim students by not allowing them to form a Muslim student group and by not providing them rooms without Christian symbols for their daily prayers. I'll said, WTF.
If these Muslims want a prayer room devoid of Christian symbols, then they should attend a Muslim or secular school, not a catholic school.
Read more at FoxNews - Do Crosses at Catholic University Violate “Human Rights” of Muslims?
Labels: religion issue 0 comments
Several bloggers have uploaded a trailer video clip showing a man resembling Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim in a bedroom. The bloggers gave different titles to the 2.25-minute video clip.
One dubbed it as One Night in Bangkok; while another called it Round Two.
The video was purportedly recorded in a hotel room in Bangkok on Jan 13 this year.
The blogs where the trailer had been uploaded include www.papagomo.com; stopthelies.my as well as www.parpukari.blogspot.com.
The bloggers queried the Opposition Leader's whereabouts on Jan 12 and 13.
They have also included details of KLIA-Bangkok MAS flights MH 782 that left KLIA at 3.15pm on Jan 12; and MH 785 that left Bangkok at 11.05am the following day.
The matter had been circulating in the blogosphere over the last three weeks.
The trailer was only uploaded yesterday.
Unlike the February video clip showing a man resembling Anwar having sex with a woman believed to be a prostitute from China, the short Bangkok clip was void of saucy scenes.
A blogger claimed that Round Two was coming soon.
Source: TheStar
Labels: Anwar Ibrahim 0 comments
Malaysians can expect more good news when Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak unveils Budget 2012 this afternoon at 4pm.
- Full exemption of import duty and excise duty on hybrid cars and electric cars will continue to be given until 2013.
- Civil servants get pay rise between RM80 to RM320
- Govt will extend the compulsory retirement age from 58 to 60 years old to optimise civil servants' contribution.
- Skim Amanah Rakyat (SARA) 1Malaysia will benefit 100,000 households with income below RM3,000 per month
- One-off assistance of RM500 to households with a monthly income of RM3,000 and below will be provided.
- For those in private sector earning RM5000 and below, employers' EPF contribution will increase from 12% to 13%
- Civil servants will be given an additional bonus of half-month salary and pensioners RM500.malaysia ~ If you like this informative post, please subscribe to my full RSS Feed
Labels: Budget and Economy 0 comments
Malaysian born Hollywood star Michelle Yeoh, who plays pro-democracy champion Aung San Suu Kyi in an upcoming film, has been deported by army-dominated Myanmar and blacklisted, an official said Tuesday.
“She did not have the chance to enter Myanmar again. She was deported straight away on the first flight after arriving at Yangon International Airport,” a Myanmar official, who did not want to be named, told AFP.
“She’s on the blacklist now,” a second official said, declining to say why.
The Malaysian-born former Bond girl met the Nobel Peace Prize winner at her Yangon home in December after shooting scenes with French director Luc Besson in Thailand for the production, which has been kept under close wraps.
The film is expected to be released later this year.
Suu Kyi was freed in November after seven straight years of house arrest, less than a week after an election that critics said was a charade aimed at preserving military rule behind a civilian facade in Myanmar.
Suu Kyi, who turned 66 this month, has won international acclaim for her peaceful resistance in the face of oppression.
In 1990 she led her National League for Democracy party to a landslide election win that was never recognised by Myanmar’s military rulers. She boycotted last year’s vote, saying the rules were unfair.
Yeoh, 48, a former Miss Malaysia, shot to international fame when she co-starred with Pierce Brosnan in the 1997 James Bond film “Tomorrow Never Dies” as a tough but beautiful Chinese spy.
She then starred in Ang Lee’s “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” — a Chinese-language martial arts epic that was an international hit — and “Memoirs of a Geisha” based on the best-selling novel by Arthur Golden.
Labels: personality 0 comments
Taib Mahmud said he has no Swiss bank account. Would you believe him? Chief Minister Pehin Sri Abdul Abdul Taib Mahmud has categorically denied allegations by the Bruno Manser Foundation (BMF) that he has Swiss bank accounts, assets or investment in Switzerland.
He also made the denial in a personal statement in the State Legislative Assembly (DUN) sitting after the question and answer session yesterday morning.
“Let me state categorically that I have no secret Swiss bank account, nor assets or investments of any description. None whatsoever (in Switzerland).
“Indeed, I have so stated in unequivocal terms in a letter last month to the president of the Swiss Federation.
“In my letter, I have specifically asked the president to confirm if she has allegedly ordered any investigation into the allegations by the BMF to the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority or furnish me with a copy of the application so that I can exercise my right to seek and obtain an appropriate legal redress.
“I also pledged to render my fullest cooperation to the Swiss Federation to swiftly bring the truth to light so as to nail down all malicious falsehoods.
“Let me reiterate here that the allegations by BMF are utterly false, evidently politically motivated,” Taib told the august House here yesterday.
Taib who is also the Minister of Planning and Resource Management and Minister of Finance said the BMF had a track record of making scurrilous and scandalous allegations against the state government for many years.
These include claims about the cutting down of 90 per cent of the state’s rainforests, although both local and international forestry experts have certified that 70 per cent of the state’s forests are still being preserved and sustainably managed.
“Therefore, BMF’s false allegations about my assets in Switzerland are a continuation of its malicious efforts to smear the state government, the state and the leaders,” he reiterated.
Taib said his attention has recently been drawn to allegations online in a “disreputable website” that claims the Swiss authority may investigate him and the nature and sources of assets belonging to him located in Switzerland.
“The allegations by BMF have since been used by local politicians to advance their own political agenda against me and the state government that I lead, which once again have received a strong mandate from the people during the last state election. As head of the state government and a member of the legislature, in keeping with the parliamentary practice and tradition, I am accountable to this august house.
“Therefore, it is only proper and right for me to make a personal statement to this august house in accordance of Standing Order 22 on the allegations by BMF, a foreign NGO not at all accountable to the people of Sarawak,” he added.
On Tuesday, Taib had said that he would make his statement on the issue as it has been highlighted by recent reports by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) which is also investigating the case. Taib added that the opposition was “barking at the wrong tree”.
“You will have a surprise (from me) tomorrow,” Taib had told the media after attending the opening State Legislative Assembly by head of state Tun Abang Muhammad Salahuddin at DUN complex here Tuesday.
Before the sitting, DUN Speaker, Dato Sri Asfia Awang Nassar had told the media that the opposition would table a motion over the allegation of the MACC against Taib at the ongoing DUN sitting. The opposition had picked up the issue after MACC chief commissioner Datuk Seri Abu Kassim Mohammad had confirmed that MACC was investigating Taib on the allegation of timber corruption in the state on June 9.
Labels: Sarawak 0 comments
http://www.jpn.gov.my/ the National Registration Department's (NRD) official website crashed after the Deputy Home Minister Datuk Wira Abu Seman Yusop announced that Malaysian can replace their MyKad through online application. Their website is not prepared in the surge of traffic and I am now more doubtful if their application is secured or not.
Via TheStar: Application to replace IC can be done online
The public can now apply for a replacement of their MyKad online through the National Registration Department's (NRD) official website.
Deputy Home Minister Datuk Wira Abu Seman Yusop said the alternative method would allow people to obtain their identity cards without having to go to the NRD counters which would also help reduce congestion at the NRD headquarters and its branches.
“There are three different kinds of replacement applications, viz for damaged chips or cards, normal replacement and replacement of lost MyKad not more than five times,” he said after opening the 2010 Excellent Service Awards 2010 presentation to 341 NRD staff members here yesterday.
Also present was NRD director-general Datuk Alwi Ibrahim.
Abu Seman said online payment for replacement cards could be made using credit cards, while the e-Banking facility would be made available in the future.
He said applications could be made through NRD's portal from 8am to 11pm on Monday to Friday, 8am to 2pm on Saturday and 8am to 9pm on Sunday.
“Applicants can view the status of their MyKad applications online and select where to collect their cards from.”
He said so far, the department had received 15 applications since the trial run on April 15, including one from a Malaysian in Australia.
The time taken to process the online applications is the same as for counter applications, which is 24 hours for those collecting from the Putrajaya NRD, 10 working days from any other NRD office in the peninsula and 30 working days from any NRD branch in Sabah, Sarawak or Labuan, reported Bernama.
Meanwhile, Malaysians living overseas lauded the development, saying the new online application process for their MyKad was a timely change.
They said the new method of online application at www.jpn.gov.my would save them from having to go through the hassle of travelling to Malaysian embassies in the country where they were staying to apply.
Sam Loke, 29, a postgraduate student in finance from the University of Queensland said the move will benefit students the most.
“Usually if we want to get replacements, we have to make a trip to Canberra where the High Commission is. This means we have to skip classes, which is hard to do,” he said.
“The online application brings much convenience and I'm thankful that the Government has decided to introduce this,” he added.
Canterbury Malaysian Students' Association president Poh Eng Eu, 22, said he had just applied for his MyKad a few weeks ago when he returned to Malaysia.
“If I had known, I would have done it online because it is so much easier,” he said when contacted yesterday.
Malaysian Students' Association in Japan president Awadh Asyraf Supri hoped the new system would work out as he remembered how congested NRD offices were when he went to get his MyKad.
Labels: government incompentency 0 comments